Flat6Labs Cairo’s 12th cycle commenced on March 3rd in 2019 and welcomed 8 promising new teams, filtered from over 1000 applications, who are now excited to launch their businesses to the general public.
This cycle has entrepreneurs coming from all across Egypt and the startups are working across various industries, from Virtual Reality, LegalTech and Logistics, to Manufacturing, SAAS, Hardware, Education and Wellness, offering innovative online and digital solutions set to disrupt the market.
Attending the Demo Day are Flat6Labs investors, mentors, top government officials, reputable technology experts and influencers from the region, and press, who are keen on witnessing the progress of the startups and the latest innovations in the region.
Flat6Labs Cairo fosters and invests in bright and passionate Egyptian entrepreneurs with cutting-edge ideas, and supports them by providing access to a vast network of local and international investors, industry experts, partners and corporations.
With a fund size of $6M, Flat6Labs Accelerator Company (FAC) aims at investing in up to 100 early-stage startups and 300+ entrepreneurs, during its 5 years investment period. Every 6 months, Flat6Labs Cairo provides seed capital to 8 to 10 new startups, each company receives from $30K to $45K in funding for 10% equity.
Ramez El-Serafy, Flat6Labs CEO said, “I am proud to witness such bright and passionate entrepreneurs, representing an exquisite display of diversity”. He added, “We are now excited for Cairo’s Fall 2019 cycle and look forward to welcoming new, innovative and disruptive technologies in Egypt”.
The 8 graduating startups that are showcasing their technologies and business ideas at Flat6Labs Cairo 12th Demo Day include:
- VRapeutic: VRapeutic develops virtual reality software for learning disabilities and developmental disorders.
- Untap: Untap is a submission management tool used to efficiently launch and manage online competitions and calls for applications.
- Illa: lla is a digitally operated multi-sized platform that provides transportation and distribution services. The framework starts from creating, controlling and developing the match-making process between the truck drivers and distributors.
- Agrona: Manufacturing sustainable wood particleboards from unutilized vegetable crop residues with high quality at low cost.
- Elmetr: Elmetr is an Online Legal Platform on which customers find the most suitable lawyer to handle their legal tasks.
- Instadiet: Instadiet leverages technology to solve diet challenges in Egypt and the Gulf region.
- Tyro: Tyro is an online tutoring platform to get live personalized help in Languages & Exam prep from professional instructors.
- Interact: InterAct Labs develops Human Interactive Technologies that increases engagement and effectiveness through enhanced user experience.