DHL, the global brand in the logistics industry has launched Saloodo! in the Middle East, to provide a digital platform that connects shippers and transport providers for road freight needs within the UAE.
Saloodo! was launched in 2017 in Germany, to connect companies and transport providers within Germany or from Germany throughout Europe. Since then, the service has grown to involve more than 18,000 shippers and over 7,000 carriers with more than 250,000 trucks travelling to over 25 European countries.
Saloodo! simplifies road freight processes by matching shippers to transport providers, introduces transparency with its tracking, quoting tools and straight-forward reporting system, as well as enhances efficiency by optimizing routes, cargo and time.
Tobias Maier, CEO of Saloodo! in the Middle East said, "Customer satisfaction is the driving force of every commercial decision that we make and digitalization underpins our approach to continually deliver on that. Saloodo! has enjoyed much success in Europe and we believe that it will plug the digital gap in logistics technology to accurately match shippers' needs and transport providers' offerings in the Middle East as well."
With this, carriers can maximize their truck load for greater efficiency and look to reduce their carbon footprint - which is in support of DHL's aim to reduce all logistics-related carbon emissions to zero by 2050. All contractual relationships will be organized via the existing local DHL entity thereby providing trust and peace of mind to carriers and shippers alike.
"Even though the UAE is one of the largest logistics markets in the GCC, there remain untapped opportunities with economic diversification and several road infrastructure investments underway. Equally, DHL's deep expertise in the region and wide portfolio of service offerings will support the successful deployment of Saloodo! in the UAE, and ultimately in the Gulf region," he added.
Key Service Offerings:
- Reviews and vets all transport service providers;
- Acts as the sole contract partner and a single point of contact via a local DHL entity, providing trust to both shippers and carriers;
- Provides shippers with immediate access to pricing information based on shipment characteristics, availability of trucks and last-booked rates;
- Offers a single and convenient interface for tracking, documentation and payment processes;
- Allows shippers to track fulfilment progress and receive real-time notifications via their personalized dashboard in case of delays;
- All transport-related documentation is easily and digitally available.